What we offer
Sewing Lessons Sydney offers sewing lessons and tutorials to assist you in learning how to sew for fashion, costume, home decor or alterations, with the efficiency of learning in your own time. Whatever your skill level, we are here to help.
If you are unsure about enrolling in community classes, private lessons are a great start to show you all the basics, so you get a head start. Or if you have attended a class, but didn’t quite get the attention you need to finish a project, we can help you catch up on everything you need to.
You don’t need to commit every week, just do a lesson when you have time.
Sewing is a great logical and creative skill, exercising your brain in problem solving, with the end result being something you can use or wear!
What To Learn
Anything you like! But here are a few ideas:
- Basic Sewing Machine Set-up, correct threading techniques, explanation of sewing supplies, troubleshooting
- Seams – straight, cornered, curved, grading, notching, understitching, french, overlocked, single feld, corded
- Topstitching, Bias Binding, Facings, Linings, Taped Seams, Stretch Fabrics, Pin Tucks, Darts, Pleats, Plackets
- Zips – Centred, Lapped, Invisible, Open-End
- Hems – Rolled, Double Hem, Blind Hem
- Pockets, Collars, Button and Buttonholes, Mitring
- Fabric Manipulation – Shirring, Gathering, Ruffles
- How to Read a Commercial Pattern
- Patternmaking for Fashion and Costume
- Help for HSC Projects
- Childrens Sewing – useful skills to make their own clothes
Check out our Facebook page to see what our other clients have made!
Click on the ‘Buy Now’ Button Below For PayPal/Credit Card Payments, located under each price
1 x Private 2 hour lesson – $150
4 x Private 2 hour lesson – $550
6 x Private 2 hour lesson – $650
8 x Private 2 hour lesson – $820
Terms & Conditions
Outlined below is the Terms & Conditions associated with booking your lesson with Sewing Lessons Sydney. Please Read Carefully to avoid any confusion, and to ensure an excellent experience!
Lessons are only booked once they are paid in full.
Lessons must be paid at least 1 week before the organized time.
Lessons can now be used over a 3 year period (from purchase date) under NSW Fair Trading Agreement.
If you need to cancel, we will happily change the day, but please be aware availability may be limited, and a reschedule may take 2-3 weeks or longer is busy period (August – December).
In some cases, the paid amount can be used as a credit.
CHECK OUT OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Follow our Youtube Channel Sewing Sydney for free sewing updates. We love your feedback, so email us or message through Facebook/Instagram with your sewing questions so we can do more videos! If you really like them, you can donate to our Patreon Page to keep the videos regular: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=32033851